Pelican Soft Belt
The Pelican Soft Belt is a comfortable padded lap restraint belt that is suitable for use with a wide range of seats including wheelchairs, day chairs and dining chairs.
- Wide padded section to provide a soft area against the patient's body and long straps made from soft strong 50mm wide webbing with a strong buckle that can be adjusted to ensure a secure fit.
- The padded section is designed to be placed across the lap. However, since some patients may rock or lean forward, it may be possible to place the padded section across the chest (unless the patient is liable to slide down the chair).
- This belt is not recommended for patients who slide down the chair. For this behaviour the 'Chair Belt for Sliders' should be used in addition to the 'Soft Belt'.
- The buckle position is adjustable along the length of the webbing (to a maximum circumference of 2300mm).
- Hand or machine washable (up to 80 degrees C). Tumble dryable cool or air dry in the shade. Excessive heat damages the nylon materials.
|Padded Section Length||560mm|
|Padded Section Width||120mm (at sides) to 150mm (at middle)|
|Webbing Length||1100mm on each side|
- If this product is purchased for use in a private home, authorisation for its use is required from an Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Clinical Nurse Manager, Registered Nurse, Doctor, or other suitably qualified person. This is to ensure it will be used correctly and safely by the family and/or carers. Please refer to the package insert for more information on the safe use of the Pelican Soft Belt.
- This product is not recommended for use in motor vehicles. If used in a motor vehicle, the vehicle's compulsory seat belt must be used in addition to the Pelican Soft Belt.
- The images shown here depict this product in use on a wheelchair (not included). It should not be used on toilets or on chairs where the webbing cannot be safely secured.