CareAlert Smart Dialler Series II
The CareAlert Smart Dialler Series II is Australia's most flexible Personal Alert System. It is made by the most widely known Personal Emergency Response System in Australia. It comes with the choice two Care Plans: Non-Monitored or Monitored (see details below). If you choose the Non-Monitored Plan you won't have to pay any monitoring fees ever. It is ideal for the elderly, isolated or physically impaired people and convalescing patients.
- The CareAlert Smart Dialler ensures contact with people of your choice or Triple Zero in an emergency. In the event of needing help and being unable to make that vital call, the CareAlert Smart Dialler is activated by a waterproof dual button safety pendant.
- Up to 5 numbers can be called.
- A pre-recorded 45 second message provides your name, address and request for assistance.
- You can contact Triple Zero even if your Landline / NBN telephone service fails or if the SIM card has no credit, or is missing.
- The system consists of a base station and a pendant type remote (attached to the provided necklace or wristband) which can operate up to 150m from the base station.
- Calls are activated from the pendant by pressing both red buttons together (this design reduces the chance of false alarms).
- Allows the use of your home telephone even during a power failure.
- The base station has battery backup.
- Operates via NBN, Landline and the 3G Network (includes a $10 SIM card).
- Additional pendants can be purchased from CareAlert and can be paired with the same Smart Dialler base station (up to 10 pendants can be used per dialler).
- The remote pendant is waterproof, so it is can even be worn in the shower.
- The system can distinguish between a 'live' answer and a message bank (because the system asks the person to press the Star Key * on their telephone), and will continue to call the next number on the list until a 'live' answer is received.
- This product is designed and built to Australian Standards.
- Non-Monitored: Calls up to 5 people (including Triple Zero) without any monitoring fees
- Monitored: A monitoring service with 24/7 monitoring ican be provided for an ongoing fee (usually without a lock-in contract, so it can be temporary)
How the System Works on the Non-Monitored Plan:
- The Smart Dialler incorporates a local in-house call button to attract attention within the home.
- When the two buttons are squeezed together, the Smart Dialler will dial out to the first of five personally chosen numbers. These may be family, friends, neighbours, carers or Triple Zero. (Triple Zero is usually entered as the last number to be called.)
- In addition to the user's address, the pre-recorded message can contain the external key safe location and code to access the premises.
- When the first call from the Smart Dialler reaches the recipient, they hear the name and address and key location (optional) and a two-way conversation can be established.
- Should the first call be answered by a message bank, the Smart Dialler leaves the message that their loved one needs help and then immediately dials the next number held in memory because there was no 'live' answer. It continues to dial through the numbers stored until it is answered 'live'.
- If Triple Zero is called an ambulance will be sent to the address in the pre-recorded message.
For more information see the CareAlert website:
Regarding use on the NBN (National Broadband Network):
- The Smart Dialler Series II can be used on the NBN, however you can choose to use it independently of the NBN.
- Some of the other older devices (medical alarms, autodiallers, and emergency call buttons) are not compatible with the NBN.
- The NBN Co has plans to assist users of incompatible unmonitored medical alarms (autodialling devices) to switch their services over to the NBN.
- Everyone who has a medical alarm system as well as their family and friends whose numbers may be called by that system should register their details on the NBN Medical Alarm Register.